Advice for Entrepreneurs Who Want to Sell Their Companies written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
Today on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I chat with John Warrillow. He is the founder of The Value Builder System and the author of several books, including Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You.
Warrillow has dedicated his career to helping business owners improve the value of their company as they approach their exit. The Value Builder System has helped thousands of entrepreneurs to do just that, allowing owners to improve their company value by up to 71 percent.
In this episode, Warrillow discusses how acquirers and investors evaluate companies and what you can do to boost your business’s standing in their eyes.
Questions I ask John Warrillow:
- If I decide to sell my business, what’s the first thing I need to do?
- Are people banking on growth potential? And how do you demonstrate and quantify it?
- How important is finding your key differentiator in attracting buyers?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What factors, outside of revenue, acquirers consider when evaluating companies.
- What the Switzerland Structure is, and what it has to do with identifying your business’s valuation.
- How investors evaluate a company’s ability to continue on without its founder at the helm.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about John Warrillow:
- Learn more about John Warrillow and The Value Builder System
- Order your copy of Built to Sell
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Follow on Twitter
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Intercom. Intercom is the only business messenger that starts with real-time chat, then keeps growing your business with conversational bots and guided product tours.
Intercom’s mission is to help you provide simple, quick, and friendly service for your customers. When you can give your customers the one thing they’re looking for, you’ll generate amazing results for your business.
Want to learn more and take advantage of a 14-day free trial? Just go to intercom.com/podcast.